Friday, April 29, 2011

April 18

Nero into Erwin, TN! Muffin Man, Fiber, and I left camp this morning before 7 for the 5.7 miles into Erwin. There were lots of blowdowns on the trail that we had to crawl through, over, and under. One in particular was a huge downed tree that took me a few minutes to figure out how to climb and slide myself through it and over it. Probably the most dangerous part of the trail so far! We made it to Uncle Johnny's hostel, where we are staying tonight, around 9 this morning. I had called yesterday morning and reserved our spots but we couldn't check in until 1 so we hung around for awhile before catching the lunch shuttle into town. We ate at an AYCE pizza place...amazing! We didn't have time to resupply before the return shuttle came back for us so we went back to the hostel, showered, and waited to catch another shuttle into town for resupply. The laundry facilities here were so backed up that we ended up going to a laundromat and resupplying while we waited. We discussed taking a zero here tomorrow but instead are going to hike just a few miles and do another nero. My right foot still hurts so maybe the short days will be a good rest for it. My pack is going to be so heavy tomorrow as I'll be carrying another 5-6 days of food to make it to the next resupply point...and of course, we'll have to hike uphill out of town! Again, with the rest, hopefully I'll be feeling strong!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment