Wednesday, April 6, 2011

March 25

It was COLD this morning! Bobby's thermometer said 29 degrees at 8 a.m. so it was certainly colder during the night. I stayed warm for the most part but didn't get out of bed until 8 and wasn't on the trail until 9:30. I had 12 miles to go today and they were relatively easy. Don, Bobby, and I took a side trail to the summit of Standing Indian Mountain...great views! They left to continue on but I stayed and had lunch on the mountaintop (5498 feet) all by myself. Awesome! I am at Carter Gap Shelter and am sleeping inside as it is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. There are actually two shelters here, an old and a new, and my "group" got the old one as the other was occupied. I'll post a few pictures of these luxurious accomodations if I can...lots of holes in the walls and floor. Phil and AJ rigged up some makeshift walls to block the rain; we'll see how they hold up! Overall, it was a good day, but my body is tired. We're trying to make it to Franklin, NC the day after tomorrow so tomorrow will be another 12-mile day. I'm not looking forward to the rain but at least the temperature is supposed to be a bit warmer. And we're going to cross the 100-mile mark tomorrow! So exciting!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you on your AMAZING journey!!! May God bless you and keep you safe :)
    Kim Newsad

    ReplyDelete