Monday, May 2, 2011

April 29

Zero!! Despite my fatigue from yesterday, I woke around 6:30 this morning. Pappy, Veto, and I headed to IHOP for a delicious breakfast of eggs, sausage, hash browns, pancakes, and juice...exactly what I wanted/needed. We bummed around the Marriott for awhile doing laundry and decided to move to Motel 6 for tonight to save a little money. We packed our gear and "hiked" the maybe 1/2 mile across this section of town to the new place...definitely got some stares from people passing by! Lunch was Wendy's, resupply was Walmart, and dinner was Golden Corral. An awesome zero day with lots of relaxation!
Veto got a call from Fiber (he and Shepherd are now in Damascus), and he said the town has power! Pappy's son and a family friend came to visit, and he will be able to give us a ride back to Damascus tomorrow for, yes, another zero! My feet have been sore today and can definitely use the rest.
And, I really need to go to the outfitter and get a new food bag!..
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment