Friday, May 20, 2011

May 15

I slept in until 8:30 this morning! Haven't slept that late in months. I woke and ate a bagel with cream cheese and 2 bowls of frosted flakes for breakfast. The morning was spent packing and showering...3 showers in 4 days! Unbelievable! We had sandwiches, chips, and cake for lunch (thank you to Greg and Bonnie...they fed us so well!) and left for the trail this afternoon. We got started at 3 and I immediately began feeling it. My right shin, ankle, and foot hurt, and the lower left side of my back and my left thigh hurt. The pain on the left I think is caused by my pack...can't wait to get the new one! My knees have been achy as well. Things felt a little better as i continued on but i definitely took my Vitamin I tonight. We had a tough climb and did 7 miles to Rice Field Shelter. It started raining about a mile away and I had to set up my tent in the rain...a first! Definitely not fun, but my tent was/is still wet from camping Thursday night so the rain didn't matter much anyway. It's a little chilly as well...probably into the 40s. I didn't feel like cooking dinner so I just ate a bunch of snacks, hung around the fire that someone started, and got into the recovery capsule (sleeping bag) early. I need a good night's sleep!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I found "Vitamin i" in the urban dictionary. Made for a good laugh around the lunch table with the family. Thanks for your posts. You're doing so amazing!! Keep on!

    ReplyDelete