Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 23

Bear Bag and I left camp a little after 7 and got water at a spring a few miles away. It started to sprinkle a bit, enough that we stopped and put our pack covers on, but didn't rain too hard. We knew we could order pizza and have it delivered to 501 Shelter so we did exactly that! A large pizza and Mountain Dew delivered right to the road .1 from the shelter...a perfect trail lunch! We took our time and didn't leave the shelter until almost 1; we still had 15 miles to go! The afternoon was long but the terrain fairly easy, although we didn't turn when we should have at one point and got a little lost in a boulder field, but we eventually found our way. We didn't get to Eagles Nest Shelter until around 8:30...my latest arrival thus far! It started raining as soon as I got into my tent...hope I stay dry tonight!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment