Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 26

The morning was full of dew and my tent was soaked inside and out. The 17.4 miles today were filled with rocks...small and medium ones stuck halfway in the ground and large ones we had to step on and over. At Allentown Shelter, Bear Bag and I stopped for a break and met a few weekend hikers there. I came to find that they are from near my hometown! Pretty crazy to meet someone from home out here. The trail passed by a restaurant so we made a stop there for dessert. I got a piece of cake and Bear Bag got pie...so delicious! We had 5.8 miles to go for the day, which were slow going due to all the rocks. Again the trail alternated between small rocks and large boulders. We walked across the Knife Edge, a boulder-filled ridge, and finally made it to Bake Oven Knob Shelter. Tomorrow we're headed into Palmerton to stay at a hostel and do some overdue laundry!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment