Friday, June 10, 2011

June 4

I survived the triple 20s! Today was a long 23.9-mile day. I left early and saw 2 bears! Again they turned the other way when they saw me so I didn't get any good pictures. I stopped at Lewis Park Campground for a break at the camp store. That's the neat thing about the Shenandoahs...easy access to food from the trail! I had a sandwich, chips, and a fudge bar and left with Bear Bag and Fiber. We met up with Veto and Tomahawk along the way and we all stopped at Big Meadows resort for dinner. My feet were really bothering me today so the break was nice, but we still had 3.5 miles to go and got to Rock Spring Hut around 8...a very long day! Tomorrow is only about 15 miles so I am going to sleep in!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment