Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 12

A hot day led into a hot and humid night...I left my vestibule open for ventilation but still got a lot of condensation. The morning was hot and we had heard that the high was 95...another hot, sticky day! The terrain today wasn't bad and we had originally planned for 19 miles but there was a state park about 12 miles away and we ended up stopping there instead...showers! Bear Bag and I got a hitch for the mile to the park and met up with everyone else: Colorado, Peru, Radar, Pappy, Fiber, Veto, Muffin Man, Tippy Toes, and Rambling Man. We're all camped in the thru-hiker section and we shared a bar of soap for showers. I did some laundry in the shower with me since I don't know when I will get to do real laundry next, and my clothes were getting pretty nasty! The water here tastes disgusting but we're all so thirsty we've been drinking it anyway. We have 16 miles to go tomorrow but it's supposed to be a little cooler, only 85!
My foot is more swollen today and was pretty painful again. It's so frustrating and I hope it heals itself soon. I'll just walk it off. :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment