Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 18

The morning was sunny despite the forecasted rain for this afternoon. We left camp at 7:30 for about 4 flat miles through a field, along roads, and by the Housatonic River. My feet got soaked in the field and stayed wet all day. The river was beautiful with a few waterfalls and once my morning ibuprofen kicked in my foot felt great! We stopped for an early lunch around 11 and the sky turned dark. It started to sprinkle as we were packing up and downpoured just as we started walking through an open field. I sprinted (hiker sprint of course) back into the woods to put on my rain gear. By the time I had everything adjusted the rain had stopped! We got sprinkled on a bit more early afternoon but the leaves protected us. We split up when we came to the road to Salisbury; Bear Bag needed to go to the outfitter. The last 4-ish miles included a steep climb that I totally rocked and then quite a bit of flat walking. I felt stronger today than I have in a long time and ended up going an extra mile to Brassie Brook Shelter. It started to rain as I was getting here but I made it before the brunt of it. I decided to shelter tonight because I thought it would continue raining but it's cleared off since then. Bear Bag and I are inside with Tractor, a section hiker, and a few more people are tented nearby. Tomorrow should be another short day, and then Great Barrington on Wednesday!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment