Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 20 - 2

I didn't sleep very well last night but was up at 6 to find Muffin Man already ready to leave camp...he always leaves so early! We all got packed up and set out for 4.5 mostly flat miles to the road to Great Barrington. The mosquitoes were thick this morning and I ran out of bug spray...good thing I'm going to town! When we got close to the road, we saw Jennifer and her daughter Meg, the family friends who drove so far to bring us back to Ohio (thank you!), walking toward us! We hiked with them back to the road to find the guys enjoying the tons of trail magic they brought! We hung out for a bit, said final goodbyes, and headed into town. We checked into the Days Inn and first on the list was laundry...it's been 12 days! Everything I have is dirty so Jennifer gave me some clothes to wear while mine were washing...I haven't worn cotton in 4 months! When laundry was finished we headed back to the hotel for showers...8 days since my last! It felt wonderful and we lounged around all afternoon. Bear Bag and I walked around town a bit and ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant, then headed back to the hotel and the four of us went to Friendly's for ice cream. I'm still stuffed! It's been a great, relaxing day...tomorrow is the long car ride home! It feels very strange to think I'm going home. I wanted to do the entire trip without seeing home but obviously circumstances aren't conducive to that. It's like my trail life is going to be morphing with my "real" life, and I'm not sure how they're going to mesh together. At the least, I think this visit will give me a clearer understanding of my experiences on the trail (much more on that to come!)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

2 comments:

  1. We had such fun meeting the gang, doing trail magic, walking on the AT, and exploring MA and VT! So glad we got this opportunity. Sorry about the extra long ride home.

    Happy Hiking!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. Hopefully your foot will heal with the time off the trail and you can finish strong.

    lonewolf

    ReplyDelete