Monday, July 25, 2011

July 23

The big day! My sister Abbie, myself, and the other bridesmaid, the groom's sister Becky, relaxed a bit this morning before heading to a salon to get our makeup done...having not "prettied" myself up in over four months, it was quite an experience! Next was hair and I put my dress on as well...very strange to look in the mirror! And to wear something so constricting; I'm used to being comfortable! Thankfully it did fit although it was a bit snug...I ordered a size down anticipating I'd lose some weight on the trail but I've only lost four pounds and was a little worried about fitting into the dress! The ceremony went well; we took some pictures afterward outside and it was hot, hot, hot!..supposed to reach triple digits today. I was glad to not be hiking as MA was having record temps as well. The reception was a good time with delicious food, dancing, and lots of visiting. I got to see most of my family; even relatives from out of state that I haven't seen in years! An enjoyable evening but my feet hurt from my heels (also quite a different experience than what I'm used to) and I was worn out! We cleaned up, headed home, and went to bed! Tomorrow will be another day home and my parents are driving Bear Bag and I back to the trail on Monday.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment