Monday, July 25, 2011

July 24

I slept in until 7:30 this morning and enjoyed a lazy morning. Abbie and Chris and his family came over late morning to open gifts, and we ate leftover wedding food...there is SO MUCH left over! I've eaten way more cake today than I should have...now I need to get back to the trail to walk it all off!
The afternoon was relaxing as well; I had a long list of things I wanted to do while I was home but didn't get many of them done. Bear Bag and I made an unexpected trip to give my sister a pair of shoes she left at the house, and by the time we got back, I didn't feel like doing anything! I lazily packed my stuff; I'm going to have to use it all tomorrow so I can repack it then right?
It's been good to be home but I'm ready to get back to the trail. I've had so many showers that my skin is drying out! Haha...it's going to be a lot different though; it will just be Bear Bag and I as opposed to the entire group. I miss them already and think often about where they are and what they are seeing. I hope we can catch up to them but if we do it will certainly take awhile. Until then, there are plenty of other hikers to meet!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

  1. I left a suggestion with Muffin Man, but you should get them to hike some of the Long Trail and give you a chance to catch up.

    Tom & Kendra

    ReplyDelete