Thursday, September 29, 2011

September 24

It started raining around 2:30 last night and rained steadily for a few hours, but it was only dripping when I woke around 6:15. Bear Bag, Snowy, and I left the beautiful campsite near the river to climb the south and north peaks of Crocker. It was steep going and I was sweating like crazy in the humid air! My knee felt pretty good though and I was thankful for it!
Once we got over the north peak it was smooth sailing down to the road. As soon as we got to the parking lot, a guy (who thru-ed in 1997) offered us cold soda, fried chicken, and a ride into town...that was easy! We checked into the White Wolf Inn and headed over to the Stratton Diner. The food was good but I was really looking forward to a shower!...one of the best feelings out here. I had to scrub the mud off my legs but I came out clean and refreshed. Bear Bag took care of laundry and when he returned we went to the grocery store to resupply. I wasn't very hungry for dinner so I didn't go with Bear Bag and Snowy to the restaurant here at the motel, but I ended up eating an entire bag of popcorn and ice cream for dinner. We're hoping to get out early tomorrow morning and conquer the Bigelows, the last of the big climbs before Katahdin!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment