Friday, March 16, 2012

Springer Fever

Has it been a year already?

I remember the nerves I felt as I left Amicalola Falls State Park a year ago. I kept questioning myself and my decisions. What made me think I could complete such a seemingly impossible task? Would the reward be worth the effort?

Today, a year since I started and roughly five months since I finished, I wonder why those questions were even in my mind. Impossible? Hardly. The reward? Greater than I could have imagined.

It's amazing how much my experience still affects me. I feel a strange ache in my left foot when I walk, I refer to grocery shopping as "resupplying," and I crave Pop Tarts, peanut butter, and Knorr sides. I'm so jealous of all the people starting their thru-hikes this year.

Seth and I are going back to the trail this weekend/next week to do some trail magic and hike for a few days. I'm curious how the hike will be mentally, as well as physically. I can't wait to see a white blaze,  and I'm almost looking forward to waking up with a hiker hobble again!

7 comments:

  1. Reading this makes me realize how much I miss your posts. Have fun! While you are sleeping on the ground, Mary and I will be sleeping on the high seas. All of us doing just what we want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun back on the trail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its funny, but understandable that you are a little jealous of those beginning their thru-hike. Me too, except I have many years before my next window to make an attempt. Its good to know that you still love the trail and are headed out to do some trail magic!

    I hope to see a few white blazes in July for a few days anyway and meet a few of the 2012 class.

    P.S. My eyes lit up when I saw you had logged another post for us. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These continued posts are the reason why I still have your site bookmarked...I really wish I would have run into you guys when you came through my area in PA last summer..Enjoy

    my2rots

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey. I plan my thru-hike March 11, 2013. Your videos and blogs have really given me the hunger. Its really something great that you found love on the trail as well. Thats what I CALL trail magic haha. Happy Trails my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have you bookmarked in hopes that I will see new posts by you. I'm glad to hear that you are giving back! I am curious to know if you will make different footwear choices when you do another long distance hike. I hope to see you on the trail someday. You continue to be an inspiration to me. Best of luck in all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still checking in hoping for an update. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete