Monday, June 8, 2015

The Day Before

I am incredibly anxious as I lay in bed on my last night in Florida. Part of me still doesn't believe that we're flying to California in the morning! We've been counting down the days for so long and the day has finally arrived. I've been occupied with work so it feels like this day has snuck up on me!

I am curious to see how easily my mind and body will transition back to "trail" life...it takes a conscious mental effort to lower my standards of comfort and routine and embrace the spontaneity of travel. I am trying to focus on the appreciation of every experience and not on the stress of having a deadline.

Tomorrow will be a full day as we will be using the time difference between Florida  and California to pack our bikes and put in some miles. The adventure awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment